This is a step by step guide on how I took apart my broken PS4 controller and fixed it. I’m not going to lie, it was really tough taking the thing apart. The hardest part was definitely getting to the batteries. Once I got in there, though, it was a pretty easy fix.
- I started by taking off the back panel. This was pretty easy, just a few screws and some snaps. Next, I took out the batteries. They were a little tricky to get to, but once I did, the rest was a breeze.
- I then unplugged all of the cables and unscrewed everything that was holding the controller together. Once that was done, I was able to take the controller apart completely.
- The next step was to figure out what was wrong with the controller. I quickly realized that one of the buttons was jammed. After a few minutes of fiddling, I was able to get it unstuck and put the controller back together.
How to disassemble ps4 controller
- Start by removing the back panel of the controller using a small Phillips head screwdriver.
- Next, remove the battery by gently pulling it out of its compartment.
- With the battery removed, you will now have access to the circuit board.
- Begin by unplugging all of the cables that are connected to the circuit board.
- Once all of the cables are disconnected, you can remove the circuit board from the controller casing.
- With the circuit board removed, you will now have access to the individual components that make up the controller.
- Begin by removing the buttons from their respective positions on the circuit board.
- Next, remove the joysticks by gently pulling them out of their sockets.
- Finally, remove the triggers by carefully removing them from the casing.
- Once all of the components have been removed, you can now begin reassembling your controller in reverse order.
What tools do you need to disassemble a ps4 controller
In order to disassemble a PS4 controller, you will need the following tools:
- Small Phillips head screwdriver
- Flathead screwdriver (optional)
- Tweezers (optional)
What to do if a button is jammed on your ps4 controller
If a button on your PS4 controller becomes jammed, you can try the following steps to fix it:
- First, try gently pressing down on the button to see if it will unstick.
- If that does not work, you can try using a small flathead screwdriver to slightly pry up the button.
- If the button is still stuck, you may need to use tweezers to remove any debris that may be causing the button to become stuck.
How to put a ps4 controller back together
Once you have fixed whatever issue was causing your PS4 controller to malfunction, you can begin reassembling it by following these steps:
- Start by reconnecting all of the cables to the circuit board.
- Next, screw the circuit board back into place.
- Now, reattach all of the buttons, joysticks, and triggers.
- Finally, snap the back panel into place and screw it into place.
Tips for keeping your ps4 controller in good condition
- Avoid leaving your controller in direct sunlight, as this can cause the plastic to warp.
- Try not to drop your controller, as this can damage the internal components.
- Clean your controller regularly with a soft, dry cloth to remove any dirt or residue.
- Store your controller in a cool, dry place when not in use.
- Avoid exposing your controller to extreme temperatures, as this can damage the plastic and cause the buttons to become unresponsive.